Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Web 2.0 Mutimedia Blog post

World History (Ms.Garvin)
My world history teacher is Ms.Garvin and she attended Purdue University. When I first started this class I expected to learn learn about geography, the continents, ancient art, customs, religions, and inventions. I expected to learn about ancent Europe and Asia and what it took to make them the continents they are today. As of the third marking period we have learned about enlightenments, the scientific revolution, the industrial revolution, the French revolution, and various wars.

Ms.Garvin's teaching policy is rather similar to all of my other teachers. She puts testes and quizzes in as 45% of our grade.Then she puts projects in as 45% of our grade as well. Lastly, our homework and classwork goes in as 10% of my grade.Some interseting aspects of the class are all of the ancient history we learn and we are going to the Metropolitan Mueseum on Thursday! We also learn how the ideas back then influence us now.

We also use a couple of online resources to study together as a class. Technology is used in class because we go to the lab a lot for online projects. We use websites such as Piazza, wiki, sweet search, and voice threads. I like that we are given the option of technology as well as written research to study. This is an interesting class, and I know that I am learning a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment